Sunday, July 20, 2008

weekend of sewing pt II






So this is my version of Melissa's fisherman pants! I have to say, it was a nice, but easy project. I decided to raise the inseam by an arbitrary 10cm, which turns out to be the limit. Any more, and the pants won't work, because the fold you need to make to wear it would hang funny.

At first, I was unsure about them because it has the funny feeling of wearing a diaper--there is a lot of material gathered up around the crotch. But they certainly are comfortable otherwise, and I've been wanting to make a loose, above-the-ankle pair of summer pants out of this dark material I had.

Project notes: I found I liked using the wrong side of the fabric because it is more rough-looking, which fits the look of the pants. And I used a contrasting green thread to sew because it made it easier to tear out stitches--and kept it, because I thought it looked nice on the hem.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home