Sunday, July 20, 2008

weekend of sewing!





I set aside most of this weekend to do a lot of projects that have been on my mind. It helps that I got this shiny new camera to document and show you guys!

First from before, that yellow-checked dress that was too big and weird around the bust. It turns out the existing dart was too high, so adding vertical darts didn't solve the problem. But if I took out the side-dart, and made a new one, I found I could connect it to the vertical dart to make a cool-looking "L" that fits a lot better.

Hey, I just realized that this L thing is what Saskia already did on her polka dot dress! Serves me right to not look more closely at the pictures... but I guess great minds think alike.

Ok I'll start a new post for the rest..

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home